Sunday, October 10, 2010

Task 2: Self-observation and analysis of creating a study plan

New Interactive Environments

The process sequencing, interactions and instruments of finding suitable courses for this semester, making decisions about the courses and scheduling them with other activities in life. For me the most important question was how to divide time between full-time work and full-time studies, and have some of it left for myself (to rest). Therefore, half of the subjects I chose are online courses or courses scheduled at weekends.

I used Glogster to visualize and map the structure of this activity. Some of the fun elements were added to experiment with this new tool I discovered a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    An interesting scheme. I hadn't heard of Glogster before. I like that among other components of this process (tools, curriculum-related information, etc.) you have also pointed out other things you have to do in parallel to create your study plan. Having a full time job sets very clear course selection criteria and doesn't leave much of the freedom.
    Greetings,
    Terje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terje,

    Thanks a lot for your feedback! I was afraid I missed the mark with my Glogster poster as everyone else used concept maps to describe their study plan. I also discovered Glogster only recently and this was the first time I actually used it. Quite a cool tool.

    Reading the other concept maps (for Task 3) was also interesting though. Learnt a bit about my coursemates :)

    Greetings,
    Kairi

    ReplyDelete